time is of the essence. Why? Because producing stellar content is an investment of precious minutes, creativity, and resources. So why make that hefty investment every time you need new content?
All types of content have the capacity to be reused and recycled. Below are a few of the many types of content available–and ways for financial advisors to re-purpose pieces from their content hub: the blog.
- Blog posts—create a blog post from the content in an interview or webinar.
- “Best of” blogs. Ex. “Best of XYX Blog 2012”
- Blog Series. Ex. “Getting in the Mind of Today’s Affluent Blog Series”
- Guest Bloggers
- Picture montages
- Anecdotes and Stories
- Webinars—use ideas and key points from the blog as a springboard for a new webinar.
- Case Studies—transform the blog into a case study.
- Q & A sessions—create a written Q and A session based on the questions asked in webinars and blogs.
- E-Newsletters—use interesting stats, quotes, and concepts for E-Newsletters.
- Lead Nurturing Emails—use the blog content in your inbound marketing efforts.
- Interviews—use concepts from blog and turn into an interview.
- Charts: By taking information discussed in blogs or data gathered by research and providing charts helps engage your audience visually without it being a presentation. This is also a great way to graphically tell a story that might be harder to illustrate through its written counterparts.
- Podcasts—condense the blog content and do a podcast.
- Videos—create several 90 sec-2 minute YouTube videos with how to’s and advisor insight.
- Re-interpret existing content: Collect the top motivational YouTube videos for your audience, top eBooks, top webinars or infographics.
- Keynote Speaking Engagements—take stats and concepts from blogs and weave them into keynote presentations.
- Infographics—create an awesome infographic with the key ideas and findings.
- White Paper/ E-Books—Add
more detail to the blog, formalize the tone, add graphics and turn the blog into a white paper or ebook.
- Press Releases—If the blog contains industry trends, turn it into a press release.
- Reports—create a report from the key findings and stats.
- Surveys—conduct a survey based on hot questions and trends.
- Facebook Posts—schedule 3-5 Facebook posts using key points/insights from blog.
- Twitter Posts—schedule 5-10 tweets using key points/insights from blog.
- LinkedIn announcements—send a LinkedIn group announcement featuring blog content.
- LinkedIn Posts—schedule 3-5 LinkedIn posts using key points/insights from blog.
By reusing and recycling content, financial advisors will benefit in a plethora of ways:
- Save time and energy
- Ability produce content that they know their audience likes
- They luxury and bandwidth of producing a higher volume of content
- Increased publicity and broader reach
- Boosts Search Engine Optimization
- Ability to breathe life into old content
- Being the coolest financial advisor in town
How do you creatively re-purpose content?